Charismatic Charlie Wade

All discussions and posts related to novels must be posted here. It is a place where we can share our favorite novel stories.
lex
Advocate

Re: Charismatic Charlie Wade 2596

Post by lex »

Chapter 2596
Then, he said jokingly: “By the way, Mr. Jacob looks like he should be about fifty years old?”

“Yes, fifty.” Jacob nodded.

Pollard smiled and said, “Then you can’t call me old brother. I am a few years older than you. This year is fifty-five.”

“What?!” Jacob asked dumbfounded, “You are fifty-five this year?!”

“Yes.” Pollard Watt said with a smile, “I just passed my 55th birthday in January this year, and I am considered 56 years old…”

Jacob’s expression suddenly became a little ugly.

It’s not anger, it’s mainly inferiority complex.

He thinks Pollard Watt should be around forty-five, but he didn’t expect this guy to be five years older than himself!

Pollard Watt looked at Meiqing at this time and asked her: “By the way, Meiqing, Mr. Jacob has to go first. How about you? Are you going back in a hurry? If you don’t go back, let’s run for a while?”

Meiqing just hadn’t run to the fullest, and she felt that she was still full of energy and strength. When she heard Pollard Watt’s proposal, she almost agreed without hesitation and said with a smile: “Okay, I just didn’t run enough. Let’s run for a while.”

After that, she looked at Jacob and Charlie and smiled: “Jacob, Charlie, then I won’t go back with you. Charlie, you will drive back on the road slowly.”

Jacob was depressed to death and wanted to stop her, but he didn’t know where to cut in.

Charlie complied and said to Meiqing, “Auntie, then we will leave first.”

After speaking, Charlie gave Jacob a hand: “Dad, let’s go.”

Jacob was extremely bored. When Charlie returned to the car, Meiqing had already run forward with Pollard.

He looked at the backs of the two of them and said angrily, “Charlie, the grandson said he was fifty-five years old. How could a fifty-five-year-old person be so young?!”

Charlie smiled and said, “People like sports, just like Aunt. Most of the credit for keeping self so well comes from long-term unremitting sports.”

Jacob smacked his lips and said with a black face: “I think this grandson is interested in your Aunt!”

Charlie casually said, “Aunt is so good, surely many men are interested in her, right?”

Jacob said anxiously, “The point is, this grandson seems to be quite good too! Professor of MIT, this title alone is already very scary, maybe he will become my biggest competitor!”

As he said, he couldn’t help but gritted his teeth and cursed: “Damn, you said this group of men who have gone abroad, since they have all gone out, can’t they just stay in the foreign country? Why run back so blindly?”

Charlie didn’t take it seriously and said with a smile: “Young people leave home and return to the boss. After all, local people still hope that they will return to their roots in the future. Besides, when they return to China to become professors, they are also contributing to the country and at least able to cultivate talents for the motherland.

Jacob said angrily, “Then it’s not a loss to the country! Especially this guy is from the United States! Your Aunt has also lived in the United States for many years. They must have many common things. What about me? I fcuking have never seen anything in the United States.”
lex
Advocate

Re: Charismatic Charlie Wade 2597

Post by lex »

Chapter 2597
Thinking of the fact that he had never been to the United States, Jacob hated Elaine unconsciously.

He sat in the co-pilot and said cursingly: “I have been ruined by Elaine’s stinky existence all my life. If it weren’t for her, I must be a top student studying in the United States. Maybe I would also be an MIT graduate. A professor at Harvard in the United States!”

Speaking of this, he complained angrily: “What happened? The result was that he was completely locked up by Elaine, a junk stock right after he graduated from college, and has not been able to solve the problem until now!

Charlie couldn’t help but be comforted: “Okay, dad, there are some things you can’t just think about in the most optimistic way. You see, although your marriage is not happy now, at least you are in good health. Think about it from another angle, if you were destined in the United States to suffer a car accident, or when you arrive in the United States, you got killed in a shooting. If the mom kept you in the country, it is tantamount to saving your life in disguise.”

Jacob said with a gloomy expression: “You don’t fool me here anymore. When we were young, the education we received was materialism and Marxist theory. We didn’t believe in fate. Back then, we sang a Soviet revolutionary song, “There was never a savior. Don’t rely on the emperor, I’ve been sturdily destroyed in Elaine’s hands in my life!”

Charlie smiled helplessly and said, “Dad, or let’s talk about Pollard Watt.”

Jacob hugged his arms and asked angrily, “What does he have to say? Isn’t it just a higher degree, what’s so great? In addition, he looks a little more handsome, a little better, and a little taller. Son, he looks a little younger than me, besides this, what else is he better than me?”

Charlie said embarrassingly, “Doesn’t this take the inside and out?”

Jacob rubbed his temples: “Hey…it’s a headache, hey Charlie, do you think he has a wife and children?”

Charlie thought for a while and said seriously: “A man who came out for a run at night, I think he should have no wife, but he is 55 years old, I think there must be children. According to this analysis, there should be more than one history. Marriage history, but he should be single right now.”

“Damn it!” Jacob said dejectedly: “When I saw his look at your Aunt, I felt that something was wrong. This guy liked your Aunt 80% of the time, and both of them were single. They were still colleagues in the senior college. They have many years of life experience in the United States, and they both like to exercise. According to this analysis, they are the most suitable to live together. This is nothing less than damn me!”

As he said, Jacob vomited annoyedly: “You said, he was a magnificent MIT professor who came to Aurous Hill University of Finance and Economics to teach. Isn’t this sick?”

Charlie nodded and said with a smile: “He’s still a professor of economics and management at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, with a high gold content.”

Jacob asked curiously, “Do you know the Massachusetts Institute of Technology?”

“A little bit.” Charlie said seriously: “Massachusetts are the world’s first in the past two years, but the strongest in Massachusetts is not in economics and management, but in science and engineering, electronic engineering, aerospace, etc., the best in economic management. It should be Stanford and Harvard.”

Jacob asked curiously: “How do you know so clearly? I remember that you have only been in college for one year.”

Charlie casually said, “Hurt! Haven’t eaten pork, haven’t we seen a pig run?”

In fact, when Charlie was very young, he was very eager about American universities.

It is not how much he yearns for the United States, but his mother grew up in the United States and was a high-achieving student from Stanford University.

Moreover, Stanford University is close to Silicon Valley, a famous high-tech industrial base in the United States.

Many Silicon Valley Internet giants first studied at Stanford University and then graduated to start their own businesses in Silicon Valley.

Most of the first-generation Silicon Valley entrepreneurs who graduated from Stanford in the early 1990s and worked hard in Silicon Valley were classmates of Charlie’s mother.

When Charlie was young, he often heard her mother talk about the characteristics of American universities, especially Stanford.

Charlie remembers that when she was five or six years old and followed her mother to visit relatives in the United States, she also took him to Stanford University to visit.
lex
Advocate

Re: Charismatic Charlie Wade 2598

Post by lex »

Chapter 2598
At that time, accompanied him and his mother to visit Stanford, there were many famous people in Silicon Valley, but they were not well-known at the beginning. As for now, just mentioning any of them is like a thunderbolt internationally.

If it weren’t for the accident of his parents back then, Charlie’s life path would be to first go to the United States to study, and after finishing his MBA at Stanford, stay in Silicon Valley to start his own career, or return to China to help his father.

It is a pity that the car accident at the age of eight completely changed his life trajectory, and he did not even have the opportunity to finish his undergraduate degree.

Thinking of this, Charlie couldn’t help feeling a little sad.

Jacob, who was on the side, was unsure. Seeing Charlie’s melancholy expression, he couldn’t help asking: “Charlie, what’s the matter with you?”

Charlie came back to his senses, smiled slightly, and said, “I also think it’s a shame not to go to a university like Stanford in the United States.”

Jacob was stunned for a moment, then shook his head and said, “Charlie, I didn’t see it, you are quite humorous.”

Charlie smiled lightly and didn’t say more.

……

In the early hours of this night, Zynn arrived at Shangri-La in Aurous Hill.

Although coming to the room from the hotel lobby? The road was very smooth, but Zynn was still a little dissatisfied.

The reason for his dissatisfaction was that his luxurious suite was far away from the presidential suite booked by Yuhiko Ito, and it was not on the same floor at all.

The presidential suite of Shangri-La is on the top floor of the entire hotel. The top floor is divided into two areas, east, and west. The east area is the presidential suite and several rooms assigned to the presidential suite, and the west area is the administrative area.

Ito Yuihiko and his entourage took over the entire Eastern District, while the entire Western District was isolated by Issac. Ruoli, Zhiyu, and Liona all lived here.

Zynn’s subordinates couldn’t book a room on the top floor at all. They really couldn’t, so they booked him a luxurious suite.

This luxurious suite is on the second top floor. This is the highest room that can be booked so far and the closest room to Ito Takehiko.

What Zynn didn’t know was that his wife and two daughters were living upstairs.

But now he can’t care about the whereabouts of his wife and children, because he can’t wait to take the Ito family down, so as to further lay the foundation for his future inheritance of the Su family.

So, after he arrived in the room, he immediately called a conference call and pulled in his men under Eastcliff and Aurous Hill, and said coldly: “Listen well, I have two tasks for you now. First, One task is that people in Eastcliff must closely monitor the recent movements of the Wade family members to see if any Wade family members have left Eastcliff and went to Aurous Hill recently, or if any Wade family members have been to Aurous Hill before.”

Zynn felt that to find out if Ito Yuhiko came to Aurous Hill to discuss cooperation with the Wade family, the most important thing was to find out if anyone from the Wade family came to Aurous Hill to meet Ito Yuhiko.

After all, Ito Yuhiko is the head of the entire Ito family. Even if Ito Nanako has begun to take over the family business, his status in the family is the highest.

If the Wade Family really wants to talk to him about cooperation, at least the boss, Changkong, must come over and talk with Ito Takehiko.

Such important cooperation, even if the old man Zhongquan came here in person, it is understandable.

Immediately afterwards, he released a second task: “People on Aurous Hill must keep an eye on Ito Yuhiko and find out the trajectory of Ito Yuhiko’s activities in Aurous Hill, including where he has been, who he has met, and Tell me as much as possible about who they’ve talked with!”
lex
Advocate

Re: Charismatic Charlie Wade 2599

Post by lex »

Chapter 2599
Early the next morning.

The earliest high-speed train from Suzhou slowly stopped at Aurous Hill Railway Station.

In the business cockpit, there are two people, one old and one young. These two people are Feng Shui master Dan Mai from the United States and his great-grandson Mike.

When Mike got out of the car, he stretched out his hand to support Dan and asked, “Grandpa, this time we are here in Aurous Hill, have you made a divination in advance and figured out whether it is good or bad this time?”

Mike knows his grandfather very well. He has been striving for stability for so many years, so he has long formed a habit: As long as he is traveling far, he will be good or bad divination before going out.

Dan groaned: “At three quarters to the hour today, I made a hexagram, but this time the hexagram is chaotic and disorderly, and luck and bad are half of them.”

“Each half?” Mike was surprised when he heard the result.

He has been fascinated since childhood and has also studied Feng Shui fortune. In fact, Feng Shui fortune is most afraid of calculating the result that both good and bad are divided because this result is almost no result and has no reference significance.

The reason why Fengshui luck is popular is that it can measure the focus of everything in the future.

Because most things in the world are not really divided between good and bad, there will definitely be a gap between good and bad, but some gaps are large and some are small.

For example, if a businessman wants to invest in real estate next year, a truly capable Feng Shui master will measure the success of the project for him after a field survey.

If it can be calculated that the feng shui is auspicious and the success rate is high, the boss can confidently continue to move forward;

If it can be calculated that it is due to Feng Shui deviation and low success rate, it can also make him act cautiously, and even make him avoid a big hole.

However, when people look for you, they are asking about good and bad things. You can’t tell them that good and bad are equally divided. Then what is the point of asking you to do it?

Therefore, in general, divination and divination account for half of the good and bad results, and most of them are incapable and limited.

Divination equals ignorance.

However, he knew very well the great grandfather’s ability, and this result might not be expected in a few decades, so he hurriedly asked: “Grandpa, if it is really mixed, does that mean everything in Aurous Hill is still unknown ?”

Dan shook his head: “Everything has a pattern. The unknown reason is that I can’t see through it. Therefore, I now feel more and more determined that Aurous Hill is an extraordinary place. There must be some very good people living here! “

“For us, when we visit Aurous Hill this time, we may not see the true face of Mount Lu and return without success; it is also possible to get a great opportunity; it is also possible to accidentally cause disaster… “

“As the saying goes, the blessings depend on the blessings, and the blessings fall on the blessings. Since we can’t see the future trend, then we can only do our best to do our own thing if we want to get good results, and don’t do anything that hurts the world. This is what the ancestors said, but do good things and don’t ask about your future.”

As he said, he looked at Mike, and solemnly said: “We are coming to Aurous Hill this time. You must remember to be low-key, low-key, and then low-key. When encountering obstacles, you should try your best to avoid being impatient or arguing with anyone, do you understand?”

Mike solemnly nodded and said, “Don’t worry, grandpa, I will follow your instructions.”

“Yeah.” Dan nodded slightly.

He still knows his great-grandson very well. Although he was born in the United States, he received an education in traditional culture since he was a child. He is low-key and humble and never makes trouble.

While talking, the grandfather and grandson had already left the train station, and Mike asked, “Grandpa, where do we go for the first stop?”

Dan unswervingly said: “Go to Aurous Hill University of Finance and Economics! Regnar’s son happened there. We start looking for clues from there.”

“Okay!” Mike hurriedly said, “Then wait a moment, I will rent a car across the road.”

“No.” Dan waved his hand, took a step forward, stopped a taxi, and asked, “Brother, how much does it cost to run this car for a day?”

The taxi driver thought for a while: “It depends on where you are going and how many roads you run. I also have to pay for gas and tolls.”
Dan smiled and said, “I will use the car in the urban area. It is estimated that one or two hundred kilometers is the most in a day.”

The taxi driver blurted out, “Then you can give two thousand!”

“Two thousand?!” Mike on the side exclaimed, “Your price is a bit too dark, right? You can’t watch us coming out of the train station, just subconsciously want to kill us!”
lex
Advocate

Re: Charismatic Charlie Wade 2600

Post by lex »

Chapter 2600
The old taxi driver blushed, and then he hurriedly said, “How about fifteen?”

Mike still wanted to talk. Dan interrupted him at this time and said indifferently: “Just two thousand, Mike, give me money.”

Mike subconsciously said, “Grandpa, he just said a thousand and five…”

Dan said decisively: “Forgot how I told you? Two thousand, give me money.”

Mike immediately nodded, counted twenty hundred yuan bills from his wallet, and handed them over.

In fact, he is not stingy, nor can he afford two thousand yuan. It’s just that the feeling that other people obviously slaughter him makes him a little unacceptable.

However, when he thought of his grandfather’s words, let him less quarrel with others, he immediately recovered, and then willingly paid for it.

The driver happily took the money, counted it carefully, and said hurriedly, “You two, please get in the car!”

Mike helped Dan into the car, and then he went around to sit on the other side.

The driver asked as he drove in the direction of the station, “You two should be from abroad?”

Mike asked curiously, “How do you know?”

The driver smiled and said, “Whoever is fine in China still takes thousands in cash to go out. We are all on electronic payments, which is safe and easy.”

Mike nodded and said, “This is true. Domestic electronic payment is indeed very good, and it is much more advanced than foreign countries.”

The driver proudly said, “Of course, a cashless society! You see, after we implemented electronic payments, there are fewer thieves than before.”

With that said, he asked, “Where are the two going to the first stop?”

Mike said, “Go to Aurous Hill University of Finance and Economics.”

……

Charlie has been thinking about ocean transportation from last night to now.

He also realized that this is an excellent opportunity for development, but he has never thought about who will be the trader.

Charlie has self-knowledge, he reads few books, knows little about international trade, import and export trade, and foreign exchange collection and settlement. If he is allowed to manage this project himself, he will have no way of starting.

Therefore, to enter this industry, the first task to solve is to find a suitable person.

Claire didn’t know what Charlie was thinking about. After she washed, she saw that Charlie was still lying in bed in a daze when she woke up, so she couldn’t help asking, “Husband, what are you thinking about in a daze early in the morning?”

Charlie came back to his senses and smiled: “I, I’m thinking about starting a business…”

“Entrepreneurship?” Claire asked in surprise, “Do you want to start a business?”

Charlie nodded and smiled: “I have this idea, but I haven’t found an entry point yet.”

Claire hurriedly said, “Husband, I don’t think you should consider starting a business.”

Charlie asked curiously: “Why?”

Claire said earnestly: “Our family is not short of money now. You usually don’t make less money when you show Feng Shui to others. If I implement the Emgrand Group’s project, our family’s money will not be spent, so why pay? Going to work hard to start a business?”

Charlie said earnestly, “But my wife, aren’t you working hard to start a business yourself?”

Claire sat down next to Charlie, held his hand, and said seriously: “Husband, starting a business is really hard, and it’s the kind of bow without turning back, so I don’t want you to be so hard.”

As she said, Claire said with emotion: “In the past few years, you have not only taken care of me, family, and that Aunt in the orphanage, but also been under the direction of my parents and looked down upon by my parents and grandma. It has been hard enough. Now that you can finally relax, why bother to start a business?”